Free internet

I'm back in Zürich, where I have 4 different friends from various international adventures. 4 offers of accomodation, all of which evaporated at the last minute like fantasies. So, I am in a hostel in the middle of the city. The best hostel I have found in Europe. I have my own cubicle with a bed and a cupboard and a heater. Free internet, free breakfast, free gym. I'm paying through the nose for the privilege of these free amenities, but at least my nose is not bleeding. Yet.

Down the road is the main station, and up the hill is the grand church. Opposite me, people in suits and dresses sip coffee in hazy red ambience. Other people stand around looking at them, wondering how they fit the dresses over the suit jackets. Two book stores prop up the café.

I noticed something odd today in the train. Eating, drinking and smoking are allowed, and yet the seats are immaculate and the air is fresh. How do they do it? There is no graphiti and no fighting. I suppose palming off Hitler, Mussolini and Napolean have taught these people how to get along.

I still have no complaints about this country.

Comments

Anonymous said…
post some pictures

Popular Posts