Nach Die Schweiz
I am on an ICE train heading into Zürich. The train is 1st class, even in 2nd class. The plush seats have plenty of room and a foldable tray with cup holder. Every trimming is modern and clean. It is uplifting.
I have a surge of good feeling. Whatever I have done in my life so far, it has been a success - I am buoyed by the delicacy of wealth which I taste here. Very soon I will be inSwitzerland and will be able to take a good hearty bite of the gourmet dish.
Outside, the houses are country cottages, grand and simple. There are shops and angle-roofed churches. There is snow over most of the ground and on most of the roofs. Smoke peels slowly from chimneys. Sprinkles of snow sit on the pines in the forest like decorations. The snow on the ground is white and settled. The sun is shining but outside it is very cold.
We pass many of these little towns, all alike. Outside, it begins to grow colder and starker. The snow is thicker now and the trees are heavy with it. There is a dirty white sheet covering the sky. No new snow is falling, but it threatens.
I have a surge of good feeling. Whatever I have done in my life so far, it has been a success - I am buoyed by the delicacy of wealth which I taste here. Very soon I will be in
Outside, the houses are country cottages, grand and simple. There are shops and angle-roofed churches. There is snow over most of the ground and on most of the roofs. Smoke peels slowly from chimneys. Sprinkles of snow sit on the pines in the forest like decorations. The snow on the ground is white and settled. The sun is shining but outside it is very cold.
We pass many of these little towns, all alike. Outside, it begins to grow colder and starker. The snow is thicker now and the trees are heavy with it. There is a dirty white sheet covering the sky. No new snow is falling, but it threatens.
Comments