Second Coming
It snowed today. Flakes of tiny encrusted water frozen fell from the sky. I saw it out my window and I followed it out to the balcony where it fell upon my head and arms.
Today is the second time in my life that I have stood in snow. The first was in Arizona.
I went shopping later. The night was still after the light snow and the skin on my face hurt from the cold. It started to snow again as I walked back and I tried to catch the delicate flakes in my mouth. I kept walking with my head all the way back and my mouth open. I walked straight into a telephone pole. I laughed until I got home.
I felt the sharp specks of cold on my neck and the top of my head and I remembered sitting in the rental car in Flagstaff. I was wearing the same dull green jacket. The flakes would dissolve into the material and leave faint patches of wet. The patter of the fall of the flakes is hard to hear and pleasant.
Today is the second time in my life that I have stood in snow. The first was in Arizona.
I went shopping later. The night was still after the light snow and the skin on my face hurt from the cold. It started to snow again as I walked back and I tried to catch the delicate flakes in my mouth. I kept walking with my head all the way back and my mouth open. I walked straight into a telephone pole. I laughed until I got home.
I felt the sharp specks of cold on my neck and the top of my head and I remembered sitting in the rental car in Flagstaff. I was wearing the same dull green jacket. The flakes would dissolve into the material and leave faint patches of wet. The patter of the fall of the flakes is hard to hear and pleasant.
Comments