Appreciation of Music

In an old building of the Art Nouveau era, in Brussels, there is a museum of music. The museum holds many instruments and their name and place of invention, in Dutch and French. One who wishes to browse this museum dons a set of IR headphones. One then ambles one's way around the museum and is greeted at most exhibits with a musical example of the instrument on show.

The same piece of music is used for most. Some of the exhibits don't work. There is no description of the instrument. No clue about the actual use of it. In fact, there is very little human in the museum at all. And I am too tall for the IR beams on many of the exhibits so that I must hold my head in a semi-cocked fashion, standing a little over on my right leg with my left arm tucked behind my back with thumb extended horizontally, to hear the music without interruption.

I found an empty spot in the museum and took a photo of my desire. It was a silent photo though, because I'm socially responsible and care for the comfort of my fellow patrons.

Comments

Popular Posts