Just my bludy luck
As I jog into the side-street, with nowhere to jog but in the middle of it, the few cars that go by turn away and do not come into the alley. Just my luck.
Train delayed 5 minutes for signal trouble, enough for my late sweating arse to heave aboard it. Pah typical!
Wife and child near death in birth, but I live in a social democracy with free healthcare and the exceptional medical team save both with nothing but a bruise on the newborn's cheek. Just my luck.
Born into affluence, to parents who strove so I didn't really have to. Lump on my leg benign. Typical. Forget to cancel a very expensive flight... flight is cancelled, refunded. Couldn't make it up. First day in a new country, run into a guy who has a room free for me to stay in, becomes my friend for life. Can you believe it? Heart-ache and loneliness just in time to meet my now wife. Thank you very bludy much. Daughter's clicking hip heals itself. Covid hits when I would have been isolated with a baby anyway. Firm I work for does not furlough, does not down-size.
What are the odds. Just my bludy luck. Typical.
Comments