tip tip tally hoe

Writing is good for me but I do it less and less. It allows me to become different people, and avoid that horrible cliché everyone espouses of being myself. I can think of nothing worse, except unrequited love, tip tip tally-hoe fetch the milk in before it spoils.

I am overflowing, bloating with feeling and it rots because when I send it out from me it falls and lies like potatoes forgotten in a cupboard. I eat some of it, and the musty squelch of decomposition makes real my thinking that all life is purposeless and that the truth is a crack in the façade revealing endless black.

The universe is infinite so we are nothing. Like finding my banana broken on the floor as I go to take a bite.

People walk too slowly for me. It is difficult for me to restrain myself when I am walking in crowds. It is difficult for me to walk at other people's speeds. I weave yearningly through the teaming masses plotting little corridors of space between overcoats and fur coats and bright pink leisure suits. It irritates me to move at the same speed as the others. I am in no more of a rush than they. I do not believe I have anything more important to do than they, it is just that I consider myself a more interesting human being. Would be odd if it were any other way.

In grey,
Rob.

Comments

Popular Posts